Give your Chocolate Brownies a festive feel.
- 130ml plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 80g yoghurt – oat, coconut, or natural
- 80g plain flour or gluten-free plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 45g cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 125g light soft brown sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate 72% +, roughly chopped
- 200g mincemeat – make our mincemeat it’s so fruity.
- 60g plant-based butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A good pinch of salt
- NOTE – if using gluten-free flour add ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum powder
- Line a 20cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Pour the plant-based milk into a bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, stir and set to one-side. The milk will start to curdle.
- Sieve the flour and cacao powder into a bowl, add the ground almonds, baking powder and xanthan gum if you are using gluten-free flour.
- In a medium pan, add the butter and chocolate and start to melt over low heat, add the sugars and stir together until the chocolate and butter is melted and combined with the sugar.
- Now add the yoghurt and vanilla extract – stir through. Pour in the plant-based milk and stir to combine.
- Now add the dry ingredients and a good pinch of salt, before combining into the mix.
- Finally, fold in the mincemeat until evenly stirred through.
- Spoon into the lined brownie tin, making sure the mix is even on the surface.
- Place in the oven on a middle shelf and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool completely.
- Ideally, remove the brownies from the tin and wrap in foil or baking paper and leave overnight. Slice and serve.
To Serve – Slice them warm and serve with ice cream, cream or chocolate sauce or allow the mincepie brownies to cool, slice and enjoy or alternatively or cool, slice and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Keywords: mince pie, brownies, chocolate brownies, mince pie brownies