Vegan chocolate mousse – rich creamy aquafaba chocolate mousse is light and delicious. Very easy to make and perfect for all occasions.
- 100g cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tablespoons chilled aquafaba (drained liquid from a tin of chickpeas)
- 100g dark 85% vegan chocolate, finely sliced
- Weigh out the cashew nuts, put them into a bowl and pour over hot water until it covers the cashew nuts. Set to one side to soak for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain the liquid from a tin of chickpeas and place the liquid in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours. Save the chickpeas for making curries or hummus.
- Pour the unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup into a medium pan. Place on the hob and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to one side whilst you drain the cashew nuts.
- Meanwhile, whisk the 6 tablespoons of the chilled aquafaba into stiff peaks, this will take at least 10 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts and the almond milk and maple syrup mix to a blender cup and blend until silky smooth. Return the blended mixture back to the pan. Tip the finely chopped chocolate into the mixture and stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Now gradually pour the chocolate mixture into the whisked aquafaba and slowly fold in using a metal spoon, until all is fully combined.
- Pour the mix into your choice of glasses or ramekins and place in the fridge to set for 4 hours or over overnight
To make the chocolate mousse a little sweeter add another tablespoon of maple syrup.
To store, keep covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
Keywords: vegan chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse, vegan dessert, vegan mousse