A delicious vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Easy to make and really satisfying to eat.
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly diced
- 340g silken tofu firm, drained
- 1 large handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper
- Remove as much liquid as possible using kitchen roll from the silken tofu.
- Pour the oil to a large frying pan and put on a medium heat, then add the onions and garlic, stir until they start to soften – about 3 minutes.
- Now add the sweet pepper, stir and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms, tomatoes, stir through and cook until the mushrooms start to cook through.
- Add the tofu and sprinkle over the turmeric powder.
- Use the cooking spoon to press the tofu into pieces and stir amongst the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, on its own or over a slice of toast, sprinkled with chilli flakes.
Store – in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours or freeze.
Keywords: tofu scamble, tofu, pan