Quick and easy blueberry and lemon muffins.
- 150ml plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 50g almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 55g golden caster sugar
- 120g gluten-free flour or plain flour
- 40g ground almonds
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Small pinch of salt
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan and line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cases.
- In a small bowl measure out the plant-based milk and stir in the apple cider vinegar and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the almond butter and sugar and stir together. Then add all the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries, and stir together. Pour in the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar and stir through.
- Finally, add the blueberries and carefully stir through.
- Spoon the mix evenly between the muffin cases and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 23 to 25 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tray. Then leave the muffins to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container and eat within 2-3 days.