These easy to make mini choc chip muffins are a tasty fun treat.
- 100 ml plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 35g cashew or almond butter
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 70g gluten-free flour or plain flour
- 35g almonds
- 45g dark chocolate chunks
- ½ – 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Small pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan and line a mini muffin tray with 14 muffin cases.
- In a small bowl measure out the plant-based milk and stir in the apple cider vinegar and set to one side for 5 minutes, until it curdles.
- Add the almonds to a Vitamix blending bowl and slowly blend until ground into a rough flour.
- In another mixing bowl add the nut butter and sugar and stir together. Then add all the remaining ingredients, including the ground almonds and stir together. Pour in the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar and stir through.
- Spoon the mix evenly between the mini muffin cases and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 13 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tray. Then leave the muffins to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 2-3 days.
Keywords: baking, muffins, vegan, gluten free, coconut bowls, vitamix