A deliciously creamy plant-based sauce – perfect for stirring through pasta and vegetable dishes.
- 200g cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 80g vegan cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 80g pasta of choice
- ½ medium leek, sliced
- 8 spears tender stem broccoli
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 courgette, sliced
- Extra unsweetened almond milk
- Weigh out the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with cold water. Cover and leave to soak overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once the cashew nuts have soaked, drain and rinse in cold water and add them to a Vitamix blender. Now add the vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, mustard powder, ground pepper, salt and pour in the plant-based milk. Blend until you have a smooth creamy sauce, then set to one side.
- Meanwhile, cook your chosen pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Lightly pan fry the leeks, courgettes and peas.
- In a medium pan on the hob add the pasta, vegetables and spoon over half of the vegan cheese sauce. Gently heat and stir the sauce through, you may wish to add some more liquid to thin the sauce. Heat until hot and serve immediately.
- Any remaining sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: vegan, veagn recipes, coconut bowls , vitamix